12-Spice Hand Pulled Noodles
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
Hand pulled noodles
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 120 milliliters water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Sauce for noodles:
- 1 tablespoon ‘Rub with Love’ Chinese 12-Spice
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large stalk sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black vinegar
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
- Gently mix all ingredients until loosely combined.
- Cover with a damp towel and let sit for 20 min.
- Remove from bowl and knead until smooth.
- Cut dough into six equal portions and roll into individual balls.
- Cover with towel and let sit for 30 min.
- Take your cooking oil and gently coat your workspace to roll the dough out into an oval shape
- Then take a chop stick and lightly score the center of the dough from top to bottom.
- Don’t cut all the way through the dough.
- Lightly coat with a layer of cooking oil. Let sit for at least an hour.
- After an hour use your hands to gently pull the dough along the line that you scored.
- As you’re pulling the dough hit it against the table.
- It will help to activate the gluten and give the noodles a nice chew.
- Once your dough is at its desired length separate the dough using the line you made early.
- You should be able to create a full circle.
- Once finished boil all noodles in a pot of water for 2 minutes.
- Gently swirl the water after adding the noodles to make sure they don’t stick together.
- To make the sauce add the 12 spice, garlic, green onions and salt to a heat proof bowl.
- Heat your oil in a skillet.
- Once the oil starts to lightly smoke carefully pour it over your spice mix.
- Then add your soy sauce and black vinegar.
- Pour sauce over noodles, mix, and enjoy!