Compound Butter with Roasted Oysters
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
One Dozen Oysters
- 1 dozen oysters of your choosing
- ½ pound unsalted butter + 4 tablespoons for breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon ‘Rub with Love Salmon Rub’
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- Parchment paper (11’’ x 10’’ piece)
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix 2 tablespoons white miso with ½ pound room temperature butter.
- Add 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoon ‘Rub with Love Salmon Rub’, and 2 teaspoon minced chives.
- Mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Transfer to parchment paper.
- Shape and roll into a cylinder, about 6 inches in length and 2 inches in diameter.
- Twist ends and seal.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours to firm up and let flavors marinate.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter into a pan on medium heat.
- Once butter has slightly browned, add ½ cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Turn heat down to low and lightly toast breadcrumbs, making sure to not toast to much because they will be going back in the oven to finish toasting.
- Once they are lightly toasted set aside to cool.
- Shuck oysters and set on a rack.
- Add a small spoonful of butter mixture to each oyster.
- Top with brown butter breadcrumb mixture and place in oven.
- Roast oysters until the butter is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are GBD (Golden Brown Delicious)
- Remove from oven and garnish with chives.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice.