EASY MEATBALL BASE
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
Choose your own adventure - Add any Rub with Love spice to this recipe!
Makes about 18 meatballs
- 1 pound ground meat (choose your own adventure: beef, pork, chicken, turkey, veal, or plant based meat)
- 1/4 cup whole milk (use 1/8 cup if you are using ground chicken)
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 egg
- Your choice of any Rub with Love
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat, egg, panko, milk, Rub with Love spice, salt, and pepper
- Gently mix, being careful not to overwork the meat, then form into about 18 golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron or oven safe skillet over medium heat, then add the meatballs.
- Sear meatballs to golden brown on all sides, about 5-6 minutes total. Or until proper internal temperature has been reached.