FANTASTIC FISH FRY
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
Seatown's Famous Fish & Chip Batter
The key to this recipe is to use equal parts dry ingredients to equal parts beer.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1 cup beer (we like a malt forward red ale or something with citrusy notes)
- 2 teaspoon+ 'Rub with Love' Crab Cake Mix
- 2 pounds Alaskan Cod, cut into 12 pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Really Good Tartar Sauce (recipe below)
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, rice flour, cornstarch, pinch of salt, and Crab Cake Mix.
- Whisk in beer until batter is smoother without clumps. Be care not to overmix. Let stand.
- Dry cod with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to come up to 3 inches and heat to 375 degrees.
- Working in batches, coat cod in batter then carefully drop in the heated oil.
- Fry until golden and fish is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes, flipping cod halfway.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Sprinkle with a touch more Crab Cake Mix.
- Serve with lemon wedges.