JERK SPICE MEATBALLS
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
Using our Easy Meatball Base
- Easy Meatball Base ingredients
- PLUS 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Rub with Love Jerk Spice
- 1 yam
- 1 - 12 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 sliced scallions
- 10 sprigs of sliced oregano
- 1/4 cup pickled peppers
- Scrub the skin lightly to wash off any dirt and soil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake until tender but not overdone, about 40 minutes. Yam will finish cooking in the skillet with the meatballs.
- Prepare meatballs in a skillet per the Easy Base Meatball Recipe
- Add yam coins and coconut milk to the skillet with seared meatballs.
- Cook about 5-6 minutes medium-low.
- Transfer skillet from burner and finish in the preheated oven for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with scallions, oregano, and pickled peppers.
- Serve in serving bowls.