PIZZA SPICE MEATBALLS
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
- Easy Meatball Base ingredients
- PLUS 2 Tablespoons of Serious Pie Pizza Spice
- 3 cups of marinara sauce
- 5 slices of Ferndale Farms fresh mozzarella
- 8 sprigs fresh basil
- Good olive oil to drizzle
- Prepare the meatballs in a skillet per the Easy Base Meatballs recipe
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet with the seared meatballs.
- Cook about 5-6 minutes on medium-low.
- Slice fresh mozzarella into 5 thick slices and place evenly throughout the skillet.
- Transfer skillet from burner and finish in the preheated oven for about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with fresh basil, sprinkle with Serious Pie Pizza spice and drizzle with good olive oil.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Serve alone or serve with spaghetti, sauteed spinach, polenta, or your favorite veggies!