PIZZA SPICE SLOPPY JOES
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
Makes 6 sloppy joes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ‘Serious Pie’ Pizza Spice
- 1 cup ‘Rub with Love’ Ancho Molasses BBQ Sauce
- 1 can pureed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Olive oil
- 6 burger buns
- Butter for toasting buns
- 6 slices of white cheddar
- Using a large skillet, add oil on medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onion. Cook a few minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Using a wood spoon, make sure you are breaking down the ground beef into tiny crumbles.
- Drain most of the fat and discard.
- Add the can of pureed tomato to the ground beef and stir
- Add Ancho Molasses BBQ sauce and Serious Pie Pizza Spice.
- Stir together.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Finish with apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Spread buns with butter and brown on a griddle or skillet.
- Scoop sloppy joe mixture on top of the bottom half of the buttered bun.
- Top the piping hot sloppy joe mixture with a slice of white cheddar and top with the top bun.