SHIITAKE STIR-FRIED NOODLES
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, peeled, minced
- 4 ounces shiitake, stemmed, sliced, 1/8'' thick
- 1 tablespoon 'Rub with Love' Chinese 12-Spice
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 2 cups green cabbage, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh udon noodles, separated
- 1 tablespoon chili crisp
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 sprig green onion, thinly sliced on a bias, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped, steams and leaves
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat, add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook until onion is soft and slightly brown.
- Add shiitake and cook for 1 minute, add a little more oil if needed.
- Add Chinese 12-Spice and cook for 1 minute, then add wine. Cook for another minute.
- Add cabbage and noodles at the same time, sauté for 3-4 minutes until noodles are softened. Stir constantly to avoid sticking.
- Add chili crisp and soy sauce.
- Stir until combined, taste to see if salt and pepper are needed.
- Divide into serving bowls and garnish with green onions and cilantro.