SHRIMP & SHIITAKE POTSTICKERS
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
- 3/4 pound peeled raw shrimp meat
- 1 1/2 cups fresh shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons green onion or scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon 'Rub with Love' Seafood Rub
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste, such as sambal
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 dozen square wonton wrappers, medium thickness
- 1 ounce cornstarch
- 1 ounce all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cold water
Mix all ingredients together. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place the shrimp meet in a food processor and process until coarsely pureed. (if the shrimp is wet, it is important to squeeze out as much liquid as possible before pureeing.)
- Sauté the shiitake mushrooms and carrots in 1 tablespoon oil until soft, about 10 minutes, and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pureed shrimp, sauteed shiitakes, Seafood Rub, carrots, green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, chili-garlic paste, ginger, garlic, and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- To form potstickers, lay a wrapper down on your work surface.
- Wet the edges of the wrapper with an index finger dipped in water.
- Place one slightly rounded tablespoon of the filling in the center of the wrapper and bring the two opposing points of the wrapper together to for a triangle.
- Press the edges together to seal. Lightly wet the surface of the two straight sides of the triangle, making a series of small creases.
- Place potstickers on a baking sheet or plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of slurry (stir slurry well before use) in a cold 6'' non-stick sauté pan, lay 6-8 potstickers flat in a pan, put pan over medium-high heat, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover pan, and continue to panfry for another 5-7 minutes, until all water evaporates, bottom is brown and crispy, and formed a crispy lace.
- Serve with chili soy dipping sauce