Steak Rub & Chocolate Butter
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
Steak Rub and Chocolate Butter
- Steak(s) of your choosing
- ½ pound unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon ‘Rub with Love Steak Rub’
- 2 squares of Theo Dark Chocolate
- 1 spring thyme
- Chives, minced, for garnish
- Add butter to a medium pan on low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to slowly melt over low heat.
- Once chocolate is fully incorporated, add ‘Rub with Love Steak Rub’.
- Mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Pat steak dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in pan to desired wellness.
- After flipping the steak, add a large spoonful of the butter mixture and a fresh sprig of thyme to the pan.
- Baste the steak.
- Remove from pan and set aside to rest for 8 minutes.
- Once the steak has rested, slice and plate.
- Drizzle a spoonful of more butter on the steak.
- Garnish with minced chives.