TRIPLE MUSHROOM BURGER
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon ‘Rub with Love’ Exotic Mushroom Spice
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of truffle cheese
- Arugula to top
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In large skillet over medium high heat add extra virgin olive oil.
- Add garlic and soften.
- Add crimini mushrooms. Toss mushroom in olive oil and garlic.
- Do not stir. Allow mushrooms to cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms if they are reaching a golden brown.
- Set aside once both sides of mushrooms are a golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, Rub with Love, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into four even balls.
- Form balls into flat patties. Making sure they are even in height.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, smash beef patties on hot skillet over and cook until golden and cooked through. About 4 minutes on each side.
- Place one slice of cheese on top of each patty and melt.
- Spread buns with butter and brown on a griddle or skillet.
- Sprinkle arugula on the bottom bun.
- Place beef patty on top arugula.
- Add beef patty.
- Top with sauteed mushrooms.
- Top with top bun and serve!