Watermelon & Haloumi Salad
A Tom Douglas and Co.® Recipe
- 5 cups of watermelon, cubed
- 1 ½ cups of haloumi, cubed
- 1 tablespoon ‘Rub with Love’ Fish Taco Spice
- ¼ walla walla sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1/3 cup Moscatel Wine Vinegar
- 1 bunch mint leaves, whole
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high.
- Place cubed haloumi chunks in skillet.
- Sear the sides of haloumi into golden brown.
- Remove from stove and cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl mix together cubed watermelon, sweet onion, chili oil, mint, moscatel, salt, pepper, ‘Rub with Love’ Fish Taco Spice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add the cooled haloumi chunks and mix into salad.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Garnish with a finishing sprinkle of ‘Rub with Love’ Fish Taco Spice.