WORLD'S BEST SALMON
A Tom Douglas® Recipe
- Olive oil for brushing
- About 5 tablespoons 'Rub with Love' Salmon Rub
- (8) 7-ounce salmon fillets, skin off
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- Fire up the charcoal grill for medium-hot direct heat.
- Lightly brush the salmon on both sides with oil.
- Generously coat the salmon fillets on both sides with the Salmon Rub.
- Grill the salmon over direct heat, covered, with the vents open.
- Watch your salmon carefully while you are grilling to be sure the sugar in the rub doesn't burn.
- Move the salmon to a cooler part of the grill if necessary.
- The time it will take to cook the salmon will vary depending on the heat of the grill and the thickness of your fillets, about 9 to 12 minutes total time.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove the fillets from the grill and place them on a large platter.
- Using a microplane or other small grater, zest the lemon and the lime directly over the fillets.